Hunter Douglas is one of the most reliable window covering brands because they’ve mastered combining form with function. Their innovative materials, focus on design, and durability make them one of the best options for motorized blinds. Now homeowners are able to enjoy the Hunter Douglas blinds they’ve always loved with even greater convenience.
If you want to know whether Hunter Douglas blinds really live up to their name, we’ve provided a summary of their advantages. These are some of the reasons why they remain one of the most requested brands:
Hunter Douglas has been an industry leader for over 30 years in creating beautiful, innovative fabrics featured in their window coverings. They work closely with their designers and textile artists, and source their fabrics from the US, Canada, Turkey, Belgium, India, Switzerland, Spain, Germany, China and Japan.
Some of Hunter Douglas innovative fabric creations include:
- Woven: developed for durability, they also bring a high level of fashion and style to any home.
- Textured weave: classic and timeless woven look that fits well in contemporary decor
- Metalic: great for reflecting light
- Antimicrobial: protection that resists the growth of mold, mildew and bacteria. Featured in honeycomb shades and other designs.
- Mica: Adds a beautiful shimmer while adding highly reflective and heat resistant qualities.
Superior Energy Efficiency
Hunter Douglas is most famously known for their insulating cellular shades, but all Hunter Douglas window coverings provide window insulation. Their shades provide your home with increased protection against heat loss during the winter, as well as minimizing the sun’s heat or “solar heat” during the summer.
- Insulation: Since the majority of a home’s heat is lost through poorly insulated windows, you can make the biggest difference in heat retention by using insulated window coverings. Hunter Douglas honeycomb shades feature pockets of air
- Solar Heat Control: Many Hunter Douglas products are designed to reduce the amount of solar heat that passes through the window, which is known as the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC).
- Daylighting: By drawing natural light into a room many of our window treatments reduce the need for other types of lighting, thereby reducing your energy use.
Innovative Privacy and Light Control
Hunter Douglas blinds come in a variety of fabrics and materials that offer a range of light control and privacy. You can choose the desired opacity for your window coverings, ranging from soft filtered light to completely opaque for a blackout effect.
With their blinds you can either diffuse sunlight or or completely block it out. The translucent fabrics are engineered to diffuse harsh sunlight and draw it deeper into the room – dispersing the light to illuminate your home naturally, reducing your need for artificial light. This filtered affect will also save your furniture from fading due to intense sunlight.
Superior Cordless and Motorization Options:
Hunter Douglas is continuously improving their motorization capabilities for greater performance and ease of use. As technology advances, Hunter Douglas has stuck alongside it to ensure their products are always top-of-the-line and compatible with the latest innovations in home automation.
You can use PowerView to move your window treatments to the exact position you want and then control and schedule them using the intuitive PowerView App. You can also operate your PowerView settings using voice commands with Amazon’s Alexa and soon Apple HomeKit.
Hunter Douglas LiteRise cordless system lets you push up with your hand to raise and pull down to lower. Your blinds and shades stay right where you put them.
Open from the top or the bottom, or settle somewhere in between. With this feature, you can create a unique balance of privacy and natural light. These types of window coverings are perfect for eliminating glares because they have more adjustment options.
We carry a variety of Hunter Douglas window treatments because of their innovative motorization, aesthetic designs, and enduring materials. If you have any questions about our different Hunter Douglas designs, contact us so we can help.